Low Air Loss Mattress System ALM831
The ALM831 is a deluxe mattress system that replaces a traditional mattress. Designed for pressure reduction for "at risk" patients, its comfortable surface is made to support the patient's body and prevent pressure ulcers by controlling pressure, moisture, friction, and shearing forces. The system can operate in either a static mode or alternate between inflating and deflating cells in one of four patterned cycles. This mattress system assists in treating pressure ulcers up to the fourth stage of severity with features such as:
- 16 alternating 3 zone air cells, 10 of which have low-loss air holes lasered into their surface.
- All cells have smaller bladders that inflate at all times to prevent bottoming out during emergencies and power outages.
- Small bladders' support allows patients to safely sit up and stay inflated even during power outages.
- Easily attaches to bedframes with its adjustable anchor straps.
- A vapor permeable top that uses the Aegis™ Microbe Shield that protects against bacteria, fungus, and odors.
- Top cover is machine washable and can be easily reattached or removed by unzipping it.
- Digital air pump operates quietly and offers both static and alternating outputs with a lock function.
- Alternating modes come in 4 cycle times of 5, 10, 15, and 20 minutes.
- A nylon covering on the air tube protects it against environmental hazards.
- Mattress dimensions are either 36"W or 42"W x 80"L or 84"L x 8"H.
- 36" Models have a weight capacity of 350 pounds while 42" models can withstand up to 600 pounds.